Spring is finally here and I don’t know about you but I plan on enjoying it to the fullest. This is what we sat around all winter waiting for, right? Whether it’s embracing simple pleasures on a sunny day or sporting a chic item to brighten up a rainy day, there are so many refreshing things to appreciate this time of year. You’re probably what’s gotten under my skin with all this Marsha effing Brady talk but what can I say? I’m sprung. With that, I present you a list of my favorite things for spring. What are yours?
1. Egg Salad Sandwich – You don’t have to wait until Easter to enjoy egg salad! I’m a big fan of this simple recipe from 101 Cookbooks. If you’re not a big fan of mayo, this recipe from Clean Eating Magazine is a must. Now, if I could just master hard-boiled eggs. Why do they vex me so? ($ cost of ingredients)
2. Market Tote – I’m in love with the color orange lately, despite disliking the hue for as long as I can remember. If our taste for food changes every seven years, why not change our preferences for color as well? This buttery-soft leather bag is perfect for everything from running errands to business meetings, just as a tote should be. Banana Republic ($120)
3. butter London Nail Polish – Quite possibly the girliest nail polish color I’ve ever worn, ‘Teddy Girl’ is part of the spring 2011 butter line. butter London is a 3 Free company which means their polish contains no Formaldehyde, no Toluene, and no DBP. You know, so you can actually breathe the fresh spring air. Available in Indianapolis at 8 Fifteen Boutique or online at butter London. ($14)
4. Yellow Tulips -Tulips are undoubtedly the flower for spring. I have several vases of what I thought were yellow tulips around my home, until they opened and I found they’re actually orange. Either way, it’s a nice way to bring the garden indoors! The Fresh Market ($9.99)
5. Lorina Sparkling Pink Lemonade – Okay, so Beau and I actually drink this year round but I think it’s especially tasty right now. I have an fascination with swing tops and is there isn’t a prettier bottle of lemonade available. Bonus: Lorina Lemonade is free of any food coloring, artificial flavoring and preservatives. It’s crystal Sugar is from natural cane and beet – no HFCS. Made with water from the Vosges sandstone in France. The Fresh Market ($4.99)
6. Clear Bubble Umbrella – No need to cover up your cute outfit with an ugly old umbrella that you stole from your dad who got it free with his last checking account. The deep dome of this adorable bubble umbrella provides extra coverage from the rain that goes every which way. Prepare for April showers. Totes Isotoner ($17.60)